Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Smile, Somebody Loves You - New Year's Blog Hop

Welcome to the New Year's Blog Hop! Be sure to enter the Rafflecopter for the grand prize and comment below to win a free book! We have over 40 participating blogs, all giving away some awesome prizes. Please visit everyone and meet these wonderful women and men. They are terrific and you may find a new "favorite" author among them!

Grand prize, which will be chosen from the rafflecopter at the bottom of the page will include: a $150.00 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card (winners choice) SSLY Key Chain, a signed copy of Bohemian Grove by T.M. Williams, an E-book of Maverick Touch: The Cat by Ashley Nemer.


I swore this year I wouldn't make any resolutions for 2014. Rarely do I ever get through a list. I still haven't read all the Pulitzer winners, and the 40 pounds I lost a few years back returned with friends. While I do acknowledge that my life could use improvement, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

However, I do realize that when it comes to book promotion - I stink. I have several books available for sale, but when people ask me about them I tend to flush and mutter to myself before slinking away. It's no way to sell yourself, I know, and few if any can accuse me of being an extrovert. I wish sometimes I had an identical twin with a big mouth to do that part of the job for me.

So I've made a slight amendment to my promise for 2014, I will learn to brag. Those who have read my books enjoyed them, so I do believe I have something to offer avid readers. I suppose in the back of my mind I've avoided promotion because I didn't want to become "that person." You know the type - every tweet is a hard sell, every status update is a pitch. Of course, if I say nothing how will people know I'm here.

That is my resolution, what's yours? Please comment below and I'll draw a winner to receive one ebook from my backlist. Good luck, and check out the books I have for sale, listed on the left!

Kat Lively - http://www.kathrynlively.com 

a Rafflecopter giveaway


~

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Read more books

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us on the hop! I know what you mean. It's hard to sell what I write when I can barely say it with out turning red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promotion is hard for me too. It always sounds like bragging, and we were taught that ladies do not brag, weren't we? My keyword this year is gratitude. I also hope to add a holiday story to my publication list. Here's to meeting our goals! 2014 blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Promotion is key to success. If you don't toot your own horn, who will? Join some FB groups, Interact with readers, Host some chats, You don't have to "Hard sell" to sell!
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! That's my resolution,
    To be happier!
    zipstersclue04 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Years, I don't do resolutions as I can't keep them. However, I hope to read more this year. Thanks for the hop and giveaway. koala571 (at) msn (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year, don't really have a resolution other than hope 2014 will be better than 2013 - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Pounds returned with friends..." Welcome to my world. lol. Yeah resolutions schmesolutions. We accomplish our goals once we set our minds to do it, period. Best of publishing success in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting, everybody! Kathy wins the book. Will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...